- Thomas R. Proctor Park
Explore Thomas R. Proctor Park
Located at 1254-1260 Culver Ave., Utica, NY, this 112-acre park was originally designed as a sanctuary for citizens of the city, where they might engage in organized and spontaneous recreational activities.
Explore the History of Thomas R. Proctor Park
Fredrick Law Olmsted Jr., and Olmsted Brothers Landscape Architects designed T.R. Proctor Park as the "reform park" of the Utica parks and parkway system. It is the premier sports park, with basketball courts, baseball diamonds, and soccer fields. In addition to the athletic fields, Proctor Park features Buckley Pool and Bathhouses and the Lower Ravine, Motor Road, and Starch Factory Creek trails. The playing fields, pool, and running track are in continual use by schools, local colleges, neighborhood teams, and private individuals.
More to Explore
- Bring the kids to play on the new playground
- Have a family picnic at the pavilion
- This is your place for sports! 2 basketball courts, 2 soccer fields, and 4 baseball diamonds
- Dog-friendly walking and running trails
- Have a picnic while you watch the game
- Buckley Pool is open in the summer to cool down
- Bring your dog to the new dog park (coming soon)
- Meet your friends and tear it up at the new skate park (coming soon)
- Cool off this summer at the Splash Pad (coming soon)
How To Book a Pavilion
Call the City of Utica Clerk's office to discuss availability and down payment requirements.
Download and fill out our City of Utica Event Permit request form .
Click here for form
Utica, NY 13501